Wedding Reception Checklist
While the wedding ceremony is the most important part of your special day, the reception is important as well. Put together a checklist of items that must be completed before your reception can happen to make the day less stressful for you and everyone involved. By making these preparations beforehand, you will find your wedding day will run smoother than ever before.
Go through each of these items before your big day, ensuring each is taken care of early enough beforehand:
- Pick the right date – make sure you choose a day that works for you, close family, and the reception hall you are choosing. Ensure you can get in at the location of your choosing, but have a backup just in case. Don’t announce your location or date until you have it reserved.
- Organize your plans – put together a binder of all the information needed. This will include information on the guest list, wedding planner, seating chart, design, caterer, and more. Refer to this when refining your plans.
- Decide the furniture needed – this can be as much as a event tent for a backyard wedding, or as simple as a few tables and chairs for an indoor event at a reception hall that provides most of the necessary including guest book table, cake table, and more.
- Determine the decorations – again this might be something provided by the reception hall, but find out beforehand what will be included. You can make the decorations completely unique with DIY centerpieces and more, or invest in some elegant options with flower arrangements and chair overlays.
- Food and drink – this includes what tools will be used for eating and drinking including cups, forks, glasses, water jugs, cake cutting knife, and other cutlery. Determine your menu items whether this includes a full meal or just desserts, and who will be catering.
- The entertainment – are you planning on having dancing at your wedding? Even if this only consists of a simple first dance as a couple, you need to establish how the music will be played, if there will be a DJ, and more.
- The photographer – your wedding will be a day to remember, don’t let the memories slip away! Hire a wedding photographer well in advance. Ensure this is a person you have seen their work and respect what they have done.
Go through this simple yet thorough checklist to ensure you have all your bases covered for the reception on your big day. By getting these elements taken care of in advance, you will be able to enjoy your wedding, celebrating with your friends, family, and most important your spouse.