Best Themed Parties
Choosing the right theme for your party can be a difficult. There are many factors to consider, each with its own unique characteristics. Take a look at some of the best options for you, and how you will prepare for the event. Make sure to give yourself enough time to get all the decorations, events, and menu items in order well in advance. This will be determined by the size of your party, who you are inviting, and the focus of the party. Take a look at some of these popular themes, and how to make them work for your party.
Glam up your event by bringing Tinseltown to the party. In most cases, this theme is best suited for adults, although it can be modified to entertain at a kid’s party as well. To really make this party shine, make sure to include:
- The Hollywood sign is iconic, make sure to include it in some way in the decoration. Use poster board to cut out the letters, displaying it in the main area of your party. More than anything, this will bring the feeling of Hollywood to your party.
- Table decorations can really add to your party and set it apart. Place stars as the base to reflect the Hollywood Walk of Fame. From there you can add iconic decorations such as old cameras, pictures of Hollywood from the beginning days, and of course a splash of gold.
- Get your guest feeling the glamour of Hollywood from the moment they walk in the door. Set up a photo booth with all the things you would associate with Hollywood with oversized sunglasses, boas, large hats, and anything else you can think of. Create a VIP photo booth and use a Polaroid camera to take pictures that can be used immediately. Place these in place card holders on each table.
Throw a princess party for your child’s birthday, making her feel special on her big day. There are a wide variety of options that can be explored for this party, talk with your child and find out what she likes best. Whether that be Disney princesses or something else entirely, include these elements:
- Give the decorations a classy look, possibly displaying the pictures of princesses throughout the party.
- Along with party favors, consider having a princess hat that each guest can take home. They will enjoy wearing them throughout the party, and love having something special of their own to take home.
- Most girls associate the color pink with princesses, but let the guest of honor make the decision. Take whatever princess color you choose and run with it through the cake and decorations.
Many kids would love to have a pirate themed party, encourage guests to dress the part. In addition to this, there are a few things to include to really turn the party into a success:
- Here is a chance for you to really go all out with the decorations. Choose reds and blues to stick with the pirate motif. Decorate behind the main table as a ship mast. This can be done using a coat rack and a few extra poles, fashioning a pirate flag on top.
- There are a wide variety of snacks and treats that can be used. Use a pirate chest to place some of the treats. Insert cheap pirate sword skewers in each cupcake, sandwich or other treat. You can make a number of things using the traditional pirate skull and crossbones.
These are just a few of the most popular party ideas you can base your event on. Take a theme and run with it, incorporating it into every aspect of your party. No matter what event you are throwing, you can make it fun by doing this.